Table of Contents
Connecting your Google Analytics Tracking ID will give you more insight into how visitors find and use your website. To enter your Tracking ID, select Website from the Admin menu. Then select Custom Analytics from the links on the left side of the page.
Then, enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID into the space provided, and click Save.
Here are some of the reports you can leverage in Google Analytics to analyze your web traffic and better serve your visitors:
Use this information to write more relevant webpage content, target your marketing efforts, find inspiration for Custom Pages, and create better SEO Titles and Descriptions to draw in your market.
- Age & Gender: Understand who may currently be thinking about buying or selling in your area
- Interests: View reports regarding the interests and affinities of your website visitors
- Location: See which countries, states, and cities your website visitors are browsing from
See the whole picture of how visitors navigate your website. This will guide you in identifying strong pages on your website and others that may need improvement to keep visitors on your site longer.
- New vs Returning: Learn how many of your users are on your website for the first time vs making a return visit
- Session Duration & Page Views: Know how long visitors stay on your website and how many pages they view during that time
- User Flow & Bounce Rate: Follow the path that users take while on your website, from initial landing page to the last page they view
Once you know where your traffic is coming from, you can identify which of your advertising channels are producing the best results and concentrate your efforts.
- Channels: Find out exactly how visitors are finding and getting to your website
- Website Referrals: See if your traffic is coming from links on other websites, like your blog
- Search Queries: Know what users typed in search engines to find your website
- Landing Pages: Learn which pages on your website people land on the most
- Social Network Referrals: Understand which social networking websites are driving traffic to your website
Every piece of information you can gather about your website visitors can be valuable depending on how you use it. This data will give you a better understanding of your users and how they access your website.
- Device Type: Find out if your visitors are on-the-go or searching on a PC at their home or office
- Browser & Operating System: Be conscious of what systems and applications your visitors are using
- Service Provider: Although you will often see the well-known internet companies listed here, you can often find local businesses in this list