Table of Contents
Campaigns are a great way to stay engaged with your contacts and sphere. You can add contacts to a campaign in two ways:
- Adding them individually to the campaign
- By adding them to a group that's on the campaign
Where in your system are you adding a contact to a campaign?
- Your All Contacts Dashboard
- While working on an individual contact
- Your My Campaigns dashboard
- The Marketing Center as you work on a campaign
All Contacts Dashboard
From the Contacts menu, select All Contacts. Here, you'll see all of the contacts in your database, as well as actions you can take. To add a contact to a campaign, click the Add link in the Groups or Marketing column.
You can add them to a campaign directly by clicking the Add link in the Marketing column. Then select the campaigns you want to add them to, and click Save.
You can add them to a group by clicking the Add link in the Groups column, and select the group(s) you wish to add them to. This will automatically add them to any campaigns associated with the group(s).
On the contact summary page, click on the marketing icon.
Here you'll see a list of the campaigns you can add them to, simply check the box for the desired campaigns and you're set.
Adding Secondary Contacts
You can also include secondary contacts on campaign emails. This is a great way to stay engaged with your contact’s spouse, sibling, parent, etc. To add a secondary contact to a campaign, click the 'also send emails to' box, and the secondary contact will be added to the campaign. Learn how to add secondary contact details
My Campaigns Dashboard
You can easily add groups to a campaign from your My Campaigns dashboard. Simply click the Groups button to start adding groups to your campaign.
Or, if you want to add individual contacts, click on the Contacts tab.
Next, click the Add button next to the contacts you wish to add. Then click Save Changes.
Marketing Center Campaign
When working on a campaign in the Marketing Center, click on Add or Remove Contacts.
The default view will be groups, to add an individual contact, click the contacts tab. Otherwise you can add groups to a campaign, then whenever you add a contact to a group that was added, they'll automatically be added to the campaign.
The left column defaults to show all eligible contacts. You can filter contacts by group, name or email, and by contact status. The right column shows contacts already added. You can add individuals or all eligible contacts. Be sure to click Save Changes when done.
Good to know
- You can only add a contact to a created and saved campaign.
- If a campaign is not Active, your contacts will not receive anything until you activate the campaign.
- The Monthly Newsletter Campaign is already created and active. All you need to do is add groups or contacts and you're all set!
- If you add a contact to an interval campaign, they will start at step 1. If you add a contact to a date campaign that has already started, they will start on the date of the next step (will not receive the full campaign).
- You can only remove a contact in the way they were added. If you added them directly to the campaign, you will remove them from the campaign; if you added them via a group, you'll need to remove them from the group in order to remove them from the campaign.