Customizing Your Account Settings
Customizing your personal account settings is an important first step in making sure your website, emails, and materials all have your correct contact information. You’ll be able to customize your contact information, create default photos and logos for marketing materials, and even connect your personal listings to your account so they can be featured on your website, on Craigslist, and in your marketing materials.
You can find your Settings selecting My Account from the Profile Admin Drop-down Menu. Then
Your profile consists of five sections:
- Profile Details
- Social Media Options
- Agent MLS ID
To edit your Profile information, click the Edit button at the top right of the page.
1. Profile Details
To start with, you’ll want to review your Profile Details. Your profile details will be displayed on almost everything your customer sees, including your website, emails and marketing materials. So it’s very important you make sure all of your information in your profile is exactly the way you want it.
All of the fields with an asterisk are required.
- Name: Enter your full name as you want it to appear on your website, emails, marketing materials and campaign pieces.
- Login: Your login name for logging into your eEdge account via your website admin login page.
- Website: This is your eEdge website and cannot be edited.
- eEdge Email: This is the email address that is used to communicate with your consumers. This cannot be edited.
- External Email: An email address that can be used for password recovery or marketing. This needs to be a non-eEdge email, such as a Yahoo! or Gmail address.
- Title: Your title as an agent, such as Broker or Listing Specialist.
- Designations: Any real estate designations that you are qualified to use.
- License/DRE: Your real estate license number.
- Phone Number: Enter an office phone number and/or mobile number.
Please note: Your eEdge email address will not appear on your website. Instead, your consumers will see an Email link that, when clicked, will take the user to an email compose form. This is to help prevent you from receiving unwanted email messages.
If you are part of a team, then marking the Team checkbox will pluralize your outgoing system-generated emails that normally can’t be customized. Phrases like “my website” will become “our website”. Any emails that can be customized will not be automatically pluralized.
System emails that are automatically pluralized include:
- Initial Contact Wizard Email (ICW)
- Listing Alerts
- Property Blasts
The information that you add or edit in Marketing will automatically be loaded onto any marketing pieces you create in your Marketing Center.
- Marketing and Reply To Email: Here you can edit the default email your clients see when they 'reply' to emails sent from your system
- Marketing Website: This field allows you to feature a different website than your Market Leader website on your marketing pieces. As a best practice, though, we recommend leaving this field blank to ensure your leads are staying active and engaged on your Market Leader website, so you can see their activity.
- Call to Action: A phrase, like “Call me today!” that invites your customers to respond. Will be integrated into pieces like postcards and listing flyers.
- Branded Disclaimer: Populates at the bottom of each marketing piece.
- Unbranded Disclaimer: This section only populates on marketing-in-motion pieces.
- Realtor and Equal Housing Logo: Click the appropriate check box to have the logos display on various marketing pieces.
- My Mobile App: Update this field with your own personal app details and a special footer will be available at the bottom of any marketing emails that invites your clients to download and access your personal KW app. Click here to learn about how to display your own KW mobile app link on your marketing emails.
3. Social Media
The next section on your Account Settings page is Social Media. Adding links to your social media profiles lets your consumers connect with you on a more personal level. When you add a link for your social media profile, an icon will be placed on your website About page, as well as in marketing materials and campaign pieces. When clicked, your consumers will be taken to your social media profile page.
To add an icon to link to one of your Social Media profiles:
- Click the Add Social Media button.
- Select the social media type from the drop down menu.
- In the URL field paste the web address for your profile.
- Click Save.
- Repeat until you've added all of your social media profile links.
4. Agent MLS ID
Adding your Agent MLS ID allows you to connect your personal listings to your account, making it easy to email your listings directly to your consumers. This will also enable your listings to be featured on the home page of your website; allow you to promote your listings on Craigslist and automatically populate your listing’s details into property specific marketing materials in your Marketing Center.
To add your Agent MLS ID:
- Click the Add Agent MLS ID button.
- Confirm the correct MLS is showing in the MLS field.
- If you belong to more than one MLS, you will want to select the drop down menu and choose the MLS that you are adding the Agent ID for.
- Enter your ID in the Agent MLS ID field.
- Your ID is the membership ID you use when posting your listings onto your MLS.
- Click Save.
This is where you’ll upload your professional headshot photo and logo to be used on your website, emails and marketing materials.
- Website Image: This is a professional headshot photo of you that appears on your website, automated Welcome Email, Initial Contact Wizard Email, Listing Alert Email, and Property Blast Email.
- Marketing Image: This is typically a professional photo of you that will appear on any materials you create in your Marketing Center as well as your Seller's Market Report email. You can choose to have the same image as your Website Image, or you may select a different photo.
- Marketing Logo: Your office or agency logo that will appear on your marketing materials.
To add an image:
- Click the Edit button for that image.
- When you click Edit, you'll be able to review the requirements for the image you are uploading.
- Click Browse to find the image on your computer.
- Click Upload once an image has been selected.