Post on Craigslist
A Craigslist post provides the following potential benefits.
- Help promote your listings.
- Drive visitors to your website.
- Add new contacts.
The Post on Craigslist procedure includes the following high level steps.
- Set up Market Leader and Craigslist forms.
- Copy and paste values from Market Leader form to Craigslist form.
- Complete Craigslist post.
- Mark listing as posted in Market Leader.
To post a listing
Set up Market Leader and Craigslist forms.
- Log into the Market Leader Admin interface.
- In the navigation list, click Manage Listings.
- On the Post on Craigslist tab, for a given listing, click New Post.
- After perusing the instructions, click Open Craigslist to Post.
The system opens a new window to Craigslist. Craigslist either opens to a choose the area nearest you page or to the create new posting page.
Do not close the Market Leader system window. You must switch between windows as you post.
- To log in to your Craigslist account, click log in to your account and enter your credentials.
If you do not have an account, click Apply for Account.
Copy and paste values from Market Leader form to Craigslist form.
- Using both the Market Leader Post on Craigslist window and the Craigslist create posting window, copy the following values from Market Leader and paste them into Craigslist.
- Post Title
You can use the same information for Specific Location and City. To improve search experience for users, enter the locations and price accurately.
- In Reply to options, always select hide.
Choosing the hide option helps drive the user to your consumer website.
Complete Craigslist post.
- To preview the ad, click Continue.
- To accept Craigslist Terms, click Continue.
Craiglist displays a Captcha form to finalize the post.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click Continue.
- To publish, edit, or delete the ad, use the Craigslist confirmation email.
- Close the Craigslist window.
Mark listing as posted in Market Leader.
- In the Market Leader Post on Craigslist window, click Mark as Posted in List.
The system sets the timer so you know when to post this listing again.
Keep an eye on your Craigslist account. When logged in to your Craigslist account, check your ads to see which have expired or been deleted. If you notice your listings being deleted (pink listings), contact Craigslist.
Cultivate the following habits.
- Post any listing you have not already posted.
- Post listings that you posted over 30 days ago. To view post aging, use the Post on Craigslist view Days Posted column.